Sunday 18 October 2009

Growing so fast

I have grown into a routine now, and I am learning new things regularly.

I have learned that when I bite toes, or launch into Ma's hand, that a blow on the nose makes my eyes wrinkle and I stop what I am doing. So it's not often I bite now, Ma says my teeth are getting very big and sharp and playtime should not hurt, I should know when to stop because I am hurting.

I don't bite Sandwich, though, quite frankly little-miss-hissy-boots has got a very scarey growl, and she has boxed me hard a couple of times, so I am just contect with teasing her by running past her, faking like I am going to launch an attack. This is funny as she falls for it every time and goes into defence mode, but by the time she has hissed or growled, I am too far away to be boxed.



In the mornings I wake Ma, not by biting toes or fingers, but by sitting close to her head and purring. She opens her eyes and stretches to stroke my head and my ears. I like that, I have discovered, these little loves make me purr and rumble with pleasure and I feel good.

Ma then goes to the bathroom where I like to stalk her as she sits on the loo, sometimes I like to curl up on her bare feet, but she never has time in the morning to sit still for long, there's breakfast to serve, and work to be done.

Every morning I eat with Sandwich now, she tolerates me but only because there is food present. Last week I wrapped both my arms round her neck as she sat miaowing for food, desperate to get her attention. Shockingly, she ignored me, she was so focussed on Ma getting her sachet of kitty meat open, I don't think she even noticed.

I have destroyed all the toys that have been bought for me, my favourite was some real fur like a mouse on the end of some elastic on a wand. I have proper destroyed it, kicking it with my back feet and biting it as it flies past my head. Pa is best at these games as he really winds me up and I don't know where I am, just in a frenzy to catch that mouse dangling and dancing in front of me. When I do catch it, I try to keep it and kill it as fast as I can, before it's whipped away again into the air.

Now it's the end of summer there are a lot of moths outside at night, Sandwich and I have an agreement. She goes out, does all the hard work catching a moth, and brings it in through the catflap with a peculiar loud 'Mio-Woll' which means she has bought Ma a gift. Ma usually rewards her with a titbit of ham, which she is overjoyed at. The best bit is, she forgets the moth which means I can pick it up, play with it, kill it and eat it. I have had a moth nearly every day for the last 2 weeks! Ma says I am a Good Boy as it means she doesn't have to get a tissue and throw it in the bin.

This morning Ma said how big I was growing, I am nearly as tall as Sandwich now, at only 6 months old, I am a healthy eater and my coat shines like Black Beauty. I enjoy being out on the street and greeting the passers by, who stroke me and tell me how handsome I am. This pleases me and I enjoy the attention.

Ma bought some catnip home yesterday, and poured it into an old sock and knotted the end. For some reason I find it hypnotizing so I think I'll go and throw that around the room for a bit. I hear there's roast pork for dinner today, I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mew

 
Custom Search