Friday 25 September 2009

Kitten gets stranded on garage roof Next Door


Ma scoops me up and puts me in my favourite shoe box, I am too big! The red kitty ball and string keeps me happy on my back like a baby. Ma kisses my furry round belly and mumbles human words, and takes a photo with her phone.


Well, I am always waking Ma in the morning. Her alarm goes off at 6.30am, but I can tell the time and wake her up just before this. I am a warm mouth and sheathed teeth around a big toe. Far better than a 'beep' I think. Ma lets me bite a little, I am waiting for the cry of forbidden land (I know I'm not allowed to bite toes but I still do) the cry of "NooO!" from Ma,, follwed by a "ShhhH" noise. This means I have gone too far....


I am biting Ma's toes, leaping up the corner of the bottom of the bed, my head underneath the duvet: I know the toes are in there somewhere!


Ah - toes .. found them. Now bite them, when I bite them I get played with, the feet shuffle wildy (and you know how much I like feet) game on! I bite harder and just to add effect, I wrap my arms around the feet. Not Letting GO


Ma pulls her feet deep in the duvet, in a foetal position, toes out of reach. Well, job done as a bitey alarm clock - I'm going to go out my kitten door in the kitchen to play outside.


Ma gets up at half 6, in the meantime I have been round the front of Next Door and (it gets sketchy now) got on a really high roof of Next Door's garage. Ma has 5 minutes before catching the train, and had already put the 2 bowls of breakfast out. Sarnie had chowed down, I was still outside.


I heard Ma shout, but she was at the front of the house, I was round the back, I answered "ma-a"". It came out "mew"


I could hear her - "Bacon"
I answered "mew"
Again, and again: "Bacon"
I was repeating myself "mew ma-a, meww"


Finally Ma stopped and listened, and located my cries. There I was, looking down at Ma, I forgot how I got up it was so long ago.


Remember that I have the attention span of a kitten.


Ma walked away, I was thinking "What?" but I remember, it's true, I won't come to my name - only if the person is out out of sight. She means it, she goes back into the house. No? No.... "Meh meow ma-a"


I don't know what to do.
I hear a scrapey sound, just before I see Ma with some stepladders, I watch as Ma gets on the ladder, and I see her arm, her hand, she grabs me by that kitty skin scruff at the back of my neck, I purrrrrrrr with delight when I am popped onto her shoulder.. safe at last.


Ma shows me my kitty breakfast, and runs for the train. I munch away, thinking what all the fuss was about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mew

 
Custom Search